Associate Member of the Washington Area Film Critics Association, podcaster, and full-time entertainment consumer based out of Washington DC. Some of his attempts at writing and talking can found at his website (www.nerdpunchesnerd.com).
Posts by Jeremy Fogelman:
- The Imitation Game is a valiant failure of a prestige movie
- Foxcatcher tries to use great acting to hide a weak movie
- Jennifer Lawrence is superbly engaging in the fun but flawed Mockingjay, Part 1
- Beside Still Waters is an eminently watchable indie film about regular, damaged people
- Listen Up Philip is about an awful person but it’s not an awful movie
- Interstellar will thrill your senses but may not touch your heart or mind
- Nightcrawler may have you rooting for a charismatic sociopath
- St. Vincent isn’t the next great Bill Murray movie, but it’s far from the worst
- Whiplash is a frenetic, fabulous movie about the line between mentorship and abuse
- Men, Women & Children is a good film until you start to think about it
- The Words – Pretentious, but partially decent
- Lawless – An old fashioned punch in the face
- Louie – Searching for and finding Chloë Sevigny
- Premium Rush – Old school thrilling bicycle ride through the streets of Manhattan
- The Expendables 2 – An explosion that’s not as violent as you expect
- Louie – A father that causes vomiting
- Louie – The incongruous but meaningful cameos of Sarah Silverman and Marc Maron
- The Campaign – Heavy on laughs, light on meaning
- Celeste and Jesse Forever – Quirky romantic comedy that’s just okay
- Bob Hoskins retires – A farewell to a classic
- An exclusive with Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, writers of Celeste and Jesse Forever
- Louie – The strip club loved the guy
- Franklin & Bash – A bunch of flashbacks and a classic episode
- Louie – The thrilling conclusion to “Louis CK meets a nutty girl”
- The Watch – Unfunny and boring alien invasion comedy
- Franklin & Bash – Are dead plastic bodies art? Is art art?
- Louie – Time for a hilarious guest star/girlfriend!
- The Dark Knight Rises – Great movie, but not quite the greatest Batman movie
- Franklin & Bash – Can women fight on the front lines?
- Louie – A trip to the fake and the real Miami
- Annie is relevant yesterday, today and Tomorrow
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb bids farewell to the franchise and Robin Williams
- Win passes to the advance Washington DC screening of Selma
- Hamlet in Leather: The Sons of Anarchy series finale
- The Hobbit trilogy ends with bloodshed and tears, but is it any good?