Kim Tibbs is an accomplished writer and editor from Indianapolis who loves all things pop culture-related, especially from the 1980s. She often goes to horror conventions and comic cons in the Midwest to meet celebrities and her apartment is literally like walking into a pop culture museum, with records on the walls and an original Nintendo arcade circa 1986, paying tribute to some of her favorite TV sitcoms, movie and music industry icons.
Posts by Kim Tibbs:
- Dumb and Dumber To is a fun, nostalgic road trip with your best dim-witted friends by your side
- Jersey Boys is workin’ its way back to you on Blu-Ray & DVD
- Gone Girl is a bizarrely beautiful jigsaw puzzle from David Fincher
- Turn Back the Clock offers a unique glimpse in history from 1910-1933
- A fond look back at the bizarre beauty of The Mystery of the Third Planet
- As Above/So Below is a frightening descent into the human psyche & the Parisian catacombs
- The November Man tries to be a sleek, sexy James Bond thriller but comes up a little short
- Grace Kelly gets regal treatment with a new DVD box set from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
- Get On Up proves you can’t stop the funk & mad genius of James Brown
- And So It Goes was less than I’d hoped for, but better than I expected
- Square Pegs – A SATC Week CliqueClack Flashback
- SATC Week – A writer’s tribute to the brilliant mind of Carrie Bradshaw
- SATC Week – An homage to Aidan, the sweet, sexy furniture designer who got away
- What do you think of the Dancing with the Stars’ All-Stars cast?
- A look at some of Spinal Tap’s more colorful song lyrics and album covers
- Lost Virgin Diary – Goodbye strangers, it’s been nice; hope you find your paradise
- True Blood – Glamouring: it’s just like starting over
- Farewell Mel Stuart, there is no life I know to compare with pure imagination
- Lost Virgin Diary – What lies in the shadow of the statue?
- True Blood – Everybody wants to rule the world, including Bill?
- Lost Virgin Diary – You spin me right round, baby, right round like a record!
- Lost Virgin Diary – Let’s do the time warp, again!
- True Blood – Why does Sookie Stackhouse want to be normal?
- MasterChef – The good, the bad and the hungry
- Lost Virgin Diary – The plot thickens as things on the island get more sinister
- Ghostbusters III presumably pushes forward with a new screenwriter on board
- Beetlejuice, the ghost with the most! – CliqueClack Flashback
- It’s MasterChef, not MasterBait!
- Lost Virgin Diary – Have I just entered The Twilight Zone?
- Savages is an artsy action flick by Oliver Stone, but definitely not another Natural Born Killers
- Foxcatcher tries to use great acting to hide a weak movie
- Jennifer Lawrence is superbly engaging in the fun but flawed Mockingjay, Part 1
- The paradox that is Aaron Sorkin’s The Newsroom
- Hercules on Blu-ray is a feast for the eyes and ears
- 22 Jump Street, Sin City 2 and a Frozen Sing-Along lead home video releases